Today, New Balance is celebrating “Grey Day”—a day that pays homage to the new and classic expressions of the brand’s enduring legacy in the colour grey. In the late 1970s, grey was originally borne as a solution for urban runners whose white shoes were getting destroyed by city conditions. The grey suede reinforced durability, matched the colour of asphalt, and fit seamlessly into consumers’ lifestyle. Countless iterations of grey product later, the connection between the colour and New Balance remains everlasting and endlessly versatile.
In tribute to Grey Day, the brand will release several exclusive new products including:
· A bespoke “Moon Daze” collection that will include versions of four classic New Balance silhouettes: the 550, 580, 9060, and Fresh Foam x More Trail v3. Drawing inspiration from the future and prompting us to think further beyond our world, “Moon Daze” begs the question: What would shoes look like after walking on another planet?
· A grey iteration of the 574; a classic silhouette filled to the brim with iconic heritage
· A MADE in USA* capsule which outfits the 990v4, 990v6, 996, and 998, in grey hues.
· A limited-edition Furon v7 football boot.
· A Numeric skate pack featuring the Tiago Lemos 808 and the Grey Day 306.
The brand will also launch a curated shop of existing grey footwear and apparel on newbalance.com.
“To New Balance, the colour grey represents a history of innovation and serves as a global symbol of style – it is emblematic of our unique path forward,” said Chris Davis, Chief Marketing Officer & Senior Vice President of Merchandising at New Balance. “Grey Day is a moment for the brand to declare our unwavering position at the intersection of performance and style, and celebrate the design innovation that continues to propel us into the future.”
The Grey Day collections will be available on NewBalance.com starting May 12 with prices ranging from £130-£155 for the Moon Daze collection, £95 for the 574 and prices ranging from £190 to £220 for the Made in USA collection.